Grab these LEGO Minifigure Guess Who? cards to update your old board game with new faces! These printable game replacement cards fit the retro 1988 edition.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, Keri Houchin earns a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Guess Who? was always one of my favorite board games when I was a kid. My sister and I played it all the time. Now there are tons of versions out there.
The great thing about the old-style boards is that you can swap out the faces. My sister was a master at memorizing the order that the cards were in, so I had to rearrange my board almost every time we played.
Today I’m sharing a LEGO Guess Who? version that I made for my own kids by taking photos of their LEGO minifigures.
I also created a DIY Printable Guess Who? Template so you can make your own.
LEGO Minifigure Guess Who?
Because my kids love all things LEGO, I had to make a LEGO Minifigure Guess Who? for my kids. I just photographed a bunch of our minifigures and edited the pictures in Photoshop.
I gave all the minifigures names to fit the gameplay. Some are their “real” name, like Luke Skywalker. Others are random or silly pop culture references, like the spaceman being named Benny (like the character in The LEGO Movie).
I’ve seen a tutorial on how to make a board game completely from scratch with wood and tiny hinges, but my version starts with the classic game board and all you need are my printables.
- Guess Who? board game – I have the original 80s version. I’ve seen some newer ones that are different and have the pictures are all on one giant card. Make sure your game has separate cards for each character.
- Note: Several people have asked, so for clarification, you need the classic Guess Who? (Sometimes sold as retro.) not the new Guess Who? – Amazon sometimes changes product availability, so look for the board with 8 people across each row like in my photos. Any other size won’t fit these cards. Hope that helps!
- Now you can even make the Guess Who? game board! I’ve got a tutorial for building your own LEGO Guess Who? game board using bricks and baseplates.
- Printed cards – download below
Print the pages on good-quality card stock. They need to be pretty sturdy because they are going to be played with a lot.
Cut out each of the small cards and slide them into the Guess Who? character spaces. Cut out the larger cards and use them as the draw pile to choose your character at the beginning of the round.
To play, each person draws from the big card pile. That’s your character – keep it secret! There’s a slot at the front of the board that holds it up. Players take turns asking yes or no questions to narrow down the pictures on their boards. Whoever correctly guesses the other player’s character first wins.
So easy. Hours of entertainment.
LEGO game board
If you don’t have the game board, you can build this one using LEGO baseplates and bricks. It’s super easy to make and looks really cute with the minifigure cards too.
How to get the printable
This printable includes two sets of 24 cards to fit in the game board slots. There are also two pages of gameplay cards for the draw pile.
There are 2 ways to get this printable:
- Pick your price and download just this item using the form below. (Type 0 to download for free. Suggested $2-5 supports OMDD!) Enter your email address to get instant access and also have it sent to your inbox.
- Join The Printables Library for a one-time fee that gives you access to all current and future printables! If you’re already a member, you can find this file there now.
For troubleshooting tips and frequently asked questions, read the Printables FAQ Help Guide.
Check out some other fun and creative ideas on One Mama’s Daily Drama: