Keep kids entertained during school break with a dozen printable Thanksgiving kids activities that are perfect for road trips, waiting for dinner, or just for fun.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of these links, I make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Read more.
Thanksgiving can be such a fun time to visit with family and friends that you don’t get to see very often. It’s a day to unwind and spend time together catching up. Except, when the kids are bored and they run through the house, it can get crazy fast. Here are a dozen printable Thanksgiving kids activities to keep them entertained.
I love hosting dinner. I don’t love the kids running up and down the stairs and in and out the back door 1001 times. Can you relate? This roundup includes activities for all ages that will keep them entertained – at least for a bit.
Get the kids to settle down at the kids’ table or while the turkey is cooking. This list includes everything from easy preschool fun to something that might occupy tweens.
Thanksgiving kids activities
1. Printable Thanksgiving Coloring & Activity Book | Happiness is Homemade
This printable includes eight pages of coloring and games for younger kids. These make cute mini booklets to put at each placemat.
2. Printable Pick-a-Veggie Fortune | One Mama’s Daily Drama
Do you kids like to negotiate on eating their veggies? Let them play with this cootie-catcher style game to discover vegetables in a rainbow of colors.
3. Thanksgiving I Spy Printable | Live Laugh Rowe
How many pumpkins can you find? Turkeys? Grab this fun printable and see who can find all the items on the included checklist.
4. Fall Zentangle Coloring Pages | One Mama’s Daily Drama
These fall coloring pages are great for kids who don’t like to stay inside the lines. Encourage them to doodle and color patterns on each page.
5. Thanksgiving Printable Activity Page | Artsy Fartsy Mama
This cute little page has space for coloring, a word search, and a tic-tac-toe game.
6. Turkey in Disguise Game | Mom Dot
Start with this printable turkey and let kids draw, color, or add embellishments to disguise the poor little turkey so he won’t end up on the dinner table!
7. Roll a Turkey Printable Game | The Joys of Boys
Start with this simple printable and a set of dice. Each number rolled means you can draw a different feature. Kids may end up with some pretty silly creatures!
8. Thankful Tree with Printables | Create Craft Love
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on the things your family is most thankful for. Print off these leaves and write in your own ideas or let kids decorate a tree with prewritten leaves.
9. Thanksgiving Conversation Starters | The Pinning Mama
Sometimes it can be a challenge to make conversation with someone you don’t know well or don’t see often. Use these printables to get adults and kids talking around the table.
10. Outdoor Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids | One Mama’s Daily Drama
If the weather outside is nice, send the kids into the backyard to look around for signs of fall and other nature items.
11. Printable Nature Scavenger Hunt for Tweens | One Mama’s Daily Drama
If your kids are mostly older, they’ll like this nature scavenger hunt that’s a bit more of a challenge.
12. Printable Thanksgiving Placemat for Kids | Wit and Wander
Give each child their own cup of crayons and a printable placemat for an easy way to keep them occupied in their seats.
13. Thanksgiving Bingo Printable | Giggles Galore
Print off a set of these cute bingo cards and use candy corn, fall M&Ms, or maybe Bugles chips for the marker pieces.
14. Thanksgiving Joke Teller | Bren Did
My kids and their friends love telling jokes, the punnier the better. This printable works like a cootie catcher and has lots of cute jokes.
15. Thanksgiving Mad Libs Printable |Happiness is Homemade
Mad Libs was always one of my favorite worksheet-type activities as a kid. As an adult, I still love them because they’re silly, but they’re also a bit educational.
16. Printable Thanksgiving Conversation Cards | Giggles Galore
Conversation cards are an easy way to get kids to sit down and be calm (maybe) as you’re getting dinner served.
17. Printable Mini Go Fish | One Mama’s Daily Drama
While it isn’t specifically fall or turkey-themed, Go Fish is a classic card game that is great for getting kids in a mixed age range to play together. This version doesn’t require any reading since each fish is a different color.
18. Pin the Face on the Pumpkin | Tatertots and Jello
This silly game is fun for any fall party. You may want an adult to monitor the game.
19. Thanksgiving Coloring Pages | Life is Sweeter
Print several copies of these coloring pages and set out crayons to let each kid color a few different ones. Sometimes simple fun is the best.
20. Printable Thanksgiving Coloring and Activity Book | Keri Houchin Design Shop
This printable from my shop includes a dozen unique activity pages that will entertain kids in a wide age range and might even encourage them to work together to solve a few puzzles!
If you found this post helpful, you might also like: