Planning ahead is the key to holiday budget success. Do you often start the new year with a credit card bill or a tight budget? Holiday gift giving should be fun, not stressful. This free printable holiday gift planner can help you map out your holiday shopping so that you can budget, plan ahead, and not overspend.
Gift planning tips
Everyone plans for the holidays in different ways. And of course, every person’s budget is different. Here are a few ideas to get started.
- Write out the names of everyone you need to shop for first.
- If you have a long list, consider buying in bulk and giving gift baskets to some.
- Create a total spending budget and then divide from there to decide how much you can spend on each person.
- Include a budget range for individuals so you can be flexible if you find the perfect gift, but it’s $5 more than you planned.
- Keep your list handy so you can jot down ideas or pick up something on sale.
- Handmade gifts are less expensive but may take more time.
- Start early! Those hard-to-shop-for people get harder the closer it gets to December. When you panic, you’ll spend more.
Above all, remember that it is the thought that counts. You don’t have to spend a lot on anyone or spend the same on everyone to give a gift that comes from the heart and reflects your relationship.
Holiday gift planner
I’m a list person, so most years I just scribble on a scrap of paper as I get ideas… and then lose it before I’m finished shopping and crafting. You can print this planner and post it on the bulletin board – or hide it in your purse/wallet so that you always know where it is.
This holiday gift planner is simple. It includes space for the gift recipient, a budget for that person, and ideas for what you might give them. I like the ability to write in a few ideas, both store-bought and handmade.
To get this holiday gift planner, click HERE.
I made a new pretty printable holiday gift planner that matches my watercolor printable planner.
Click HERE to download the new watercolor gift planner.
Who is the hardest person on your list to shop for?