If you need a quick and delicious weeknight family meal, this chicken caesar pasta salad is the best! It comes together quickly and makes a perfect main dish salad that’s filling.
There are a ton of chicken caesar pasta salad recipes on the internet, but I thought I would share my own version because it has a secret ingredient that takes it to the next level. Bacon.
All of the ingredients for this recipe can be made ahead of time and then refrigerated until you’re ready to eat. I recommend keeping them all separate and tossing the salad together right before serving so that it doesn’t get soggy.
If you’re making it to eat right away, the whole thing can be done in 30 minutes or less.
Chicken caesar pasta salad recipe
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 6 ounces bacon (about 6 slices)
- 16 ounces dried pasta
- 2 romaine hearts (about 6 cups of lettuce)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- caesar dressing
Dice the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and saute the chicken until cooked through. Set aside.
Dice the bacon fairly small, cook and set aside.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Mine cooked about 9 minutes. Drain.
Wash and chop the lettuce.
In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cooked pasta, parmesan, and enough dressing to coat it. I used approximately half of a 16-ounce bottle.
Put the salad mix on plates or bowls and top with the chicken and bacon.
Of course, you can also just toss it all together in the bowl, but I think it looks prettier this way and it doesn’t take any extra time.
Check out my recipe index for more family-friendly meal ideas.
Printable chicken caesar pasta salad recipe
Like this post? Subscribe!
- Weekly newsletter that includes the latest posts + tips on navigating the chaos of family life
- Access to The Printables Library with over a dozen free planning printables
- A 10% off coupon that can be used on anything at Keri Houchin Design each month that you remain a subscriber